Tuesday, June 29, 2004

On Julia's blog, Sisyphus shrugged. Teresa Nielsen Hayden, it seems, isn't getting off that easy:

We have always been moving. We will never do anything else. The remaining stuff that’s yet to be moved will keep expanding to fill an infinite number of boxes, an unending succession of U-Haul trucks. Only we will change, gradually growing older and more battered and decrepit, until finally we’re used up entirely. When this happens we’ll be propped up in front of the yard railing, on offer [to] any passersby who think they have some use for our remains.

I'm feeling a little better about renewing the lease on my own less than perfect apartment...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my.

that's uncanny.

I didn't, I don't think, but I'm on my way over there tomorrow.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Avedon said...

I hate moving. I would only consider it if I'd won the lottery and could take my sweet time moving my stuff from the old place to the new place.

I wish I had confidence that that is the only possible circumstance under which I might ever have to move.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home