Thursday, October 27, 2005

And speaking of jobs in transtion, there's Harriet Miers, who just sent a letter to Dubya withdrawing herself from consideration for the Supreme Court. Why?

As you know, members of the Senate have indicated their intention to seek documents about my service in the White House in order to judge whether to support me.

The villians!

I have been informed that in lieu of records, I would be expected to testify about my service in the White House to demonstrate my experience and judicial philosophy.

The fiends!

While I believe that my lengthy career provides sufficient evidence for consideration of my nomination, I am convinced that the efforts to obtain Executive Branch information will continue.

So, she was nominated solely on the basis that her service in the executive branch demonstrated the character needed for the job. And when it became clear she'd have to testify about what that service was, she withdrew in deference to the high principle that nothing that happens in the executive branch should be subject to Congressional oversight.

It's been a long time since Dubya promised to run the Accountability Administration...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home