Wednesday, June 11, 2003

I don't like metablogging -- I do almost none, and at least half the time, think that's too much. But this really sucks.

Mary-Beth of Wampum is going off the net, due to what she describes as "the issue of harassment in my real life due to my online persona", specifically from a somewhat disturbed lefty blogger (who I won't link to because, well, that's what she wants; among other things, she is obsessed with climbing the various blogsphere tote-boards).

The possibility of crud like this is one of the reasons I'm pseudonymous, though I would have expected it from a different direction. In the meantime, though, I'm sad to see Mary-Beth leave; she was a unique voice, covering issues (autism and Indian issues) which don't get much attention with style and grace, and also doing superb work on topics of more general interest, like her posts on our cooked unemployment statistics, which I've been meaning to link to for a while. She will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home