Tuesday, January 13, 2004

I haven't done one of these in a while, but...

Ad peeve du jour: the lite beer ad that uses "freedom of choice" by Devo as its background music, but in typical fashion, clips the lyrics. Imagine how much better it would be if it ended right:

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

The lessons to be drawn from this for the average beer drinker are left as an exercise for the interested reader.

And as long as I'm on the subject, I'm actually looking forward to the Budweiser spots featuring "Leon" the football player with the, well, interesting sense of his role in the game ("Football is the ultimate team game, so I blame my teammates...") -- but how on earth does this sell beer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home