Friday, August 01, 2003

A new candidate has declared himself in the race to replace embattled California governor Gray Davis. He's had a long career as a successful businessman, but he's also been involved in politics, having (among other things) been directly responsible for the downfall of a Speaker of the House. And he has a national reputation for his court fights in progressive causes. As the man says himself:

People know me. They know I've devoted most of my adult life fighting to expand the parameters of free speech. I took a bullet for the First Amendment. I'm concerned about our basic freedoms, the erosion that has taken place in the last few years. I would like to motivate people and get them more concerned.

And this guy certainly does know what drives people. Folks, give it up for Larry Flynt!

via Atrios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home